Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Reds Opener 2007


This week was my favorite week out of the year, opening day for Major League Baseball. There’s nothing like watching the teams and seeing how they’re off-season trades and changes end up panning out for them. I actually couldn’t catch my favorite team the Reds games, because I was stuck in class. The Reds are starting out slow so far. They had a great opening day against the stinky Cubs and won 5-1, very solid start. The game that I did get to watch wasn’t so pretty; we lost to the Chicago Cubs, which I must say is the worst baseball team in the league. As much as I hate seeing the Reds loose, the Cubs starting pitcher is on my fantasy team so it worked out I guess. Final game of the series was a nail biter but the Reds pulled it off by hitting a homerun in the 8th to cap a 5-2 victory and to win the series.

No comments: